On Thursday we went to both my regular OB and the high risk office. Exciting day- I got to leave the house twice!
First we went to the OB. That appointment went fine other than the fact that my blood pressure was higher than normal. It was borderline, so not really high, but high enough to be something to watch. Dr. Zaita asked me about contractions and since I really hadn't been having many at all, she didn't check my cervix. She wasn't worried about it. She checked the heartbeats, which both sounded good. She downgraded me to "modified" bed rest until Wednesday (tomorrow!) and told me to keep taking my Procardia until Saturday. She also said that if I were to go into labor, they would still try to stop it until after Wednesday- assuming my blood pressure was okay. They did some blood work because of my blood pressure and said I'd only get a call if something was wrong with it. I didn't get a call, thank goodness. I go back to her on Thursday of this week.
Oh, she also said that if we decided to schedule a c-section she would do it sometime between 37 and 37 1/2 weeks. But for now the plan is to at least attempt a vaginal delivery. Granted, I could change my mind on that after we get the results of our growth scan this week...
And then Thursday afternoon we went to the high risk office for a fluid level check and a non-stress test. They tried to do the non-stress test first, but she could only get one baby on the monitor. So they decided to do the ultrasound to find where to look for the babies on the non-stress test. Well, the babies looked good. Their fluid levels were good as were their heart rates. Unfortunately we didn't get any pictures, but, really, they're getting too big to be able to see much in a picture. So then we went back and they tried the non-stress test again. Even though we knew where each baby was, they still couldn't get both on the heart monitors. We knew there was a chance of this because they're so close to one another in there. The ultrasound tech had done what they call a biophysical profile- checking for movement, practicing breathing, and I can't remember what else- when she did the ultrasound just in case they couldn't get the non-stress test to work. So the high risk OB was okay with that and let us go. We go back on Thursday for a growth scan and, supposedly, another non-stress test. I can't wait to see how big they've gotten...
Of course, since those appointments I've been having some contractions. Ben made me page the doctor on Saturday because I was having contractions. Of course, none of these contractions have been painful, so it's just my body practicing for labor. When I talked to the doctor on Saturday she said that she wasn't worried about it since I'd only had 5 contractions in 2 hours. She told me to lay down and drink lots of water and if things get worse to call her back. Well, from that point, the contractions slowed down some, but I was having them about every 30 minutes or so. That continued on Sunday, but finally got better yesterday. I've had a few this morning, but nothing to worry about. Of course, I'll talk to Dr. Zaita about all of this on Thursday. I doubt she'll be concerned about it, though. Unless, of course, there's a change in my cervix.
Well, that's the update for now. Today I'm 35 weeks 3 days. There have been times during this pregnancy when I wasn't sure I'd ever make it this far, but here we are to almost 36 weeks. YAY!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment