I have the greatest husband in the world! He's been so wonderful to me through this whole bed rest and hospitalization thing and really this entire pregnancy. I never could have made it through all of this without him. He comes home from work every night and does everything he can to make me comfortable and make sure I have everything I need. He goes with me to every doctors' appointment (although he did miss a couple in the beginning) and always makes sure he's prepared with questions for the doctor.
We knew from early on that bed rest was a definite possibility for me, so we made sure we got registered and picked out our nursery furniture fairly early. But the only thing that was done in the nursery when I was put on bed rest was the paint. My parents and I had gotten that done a few weeks before bed rest. Ben took care of everything else. And I mean everything. He ordered the furniture, then he and his dad put it together. He organized the closets (with our parents' help). He put decorations up on the wall. He came up with the idea to put the girls names over their cribs, bought the letters and painted them. He went to Babies R Us and bought everything that we needed and didn't have yet. And he's started putting things together like the strollers. He's read about putting the car seat bases in the cars, but hasn't done it yet. I have a feeling he may do that this weekend or at least sometime very soon. Oh, he also picked our pediatrician. We had gotten the names of a few pediatricians from our OB and I did the research on them, but he went and met with the one I had picked out- and he really liked her. Basically, he has taken care of everything to make sure we're ready for when these little girls get here.
I don't know what I would do without him. He's taken such good care of me and I can tell he already loves these girls like crazy. He says good night to them every night and normally says goodbye to them when he leaves home. It's so cute! He calls me from work everyday to check on me and the girls- at least once.
I never knew it was possible to love someone as much as I love him. And we're both preparing to learn about a whole new type of love. I can't even imagine how much we're going to love these girls as soon as we see their little faces. We both already love them, but I know that love will just grow from here.
When I met Ben almost 7 years ago I had pretty much given up on ever finding a guy in Charlottesville. I'd been there for 5 years already and hadn't found anyone worth keeping, so I didn't expect that to change. Little did I know that working just two townhouses over was the man I was going to marry. At that point I never imagined that almost 7 years later we'd be preparing for the birth of our twin girls and getting ready to celebrate our 5th wedding anniversary. 5 years. We've been married almost 5 years. That's hard to believe. And we'll be celebrating that anniversary just one week after our girls' actual due date and the day after one of my best friends gets married. It'll be a little surreal being at a wedding the day before our own anniversary, but hopefully we'll be able to enjoy that wedding almost as much as we enjoyed our own.
Here is a picture of us from a vacation we went on a couple of years ago for our anniversary. We went to Wyoming and visited Grand Teton and Yellowstone National Parks. This picture was taken on a hike we went on around Jenny Lake in the Grand Tetons. That's Jenny Lake behind us. You can't see the Tetons, though, because they're in front of us. That was a wonderful vacation and I truly cannot wait until our girls are big enough that we can take them out there and they can enjoy and remember the experience. I know I'll never forget any of my three (so far) trips out there. And I'm glad Ben and I got to experience it just the two of us before starting a family.
No comments:
Post a Comment