Sunday, March 23, 2008

The nursery is painted!

My mom came up yesterday and she and I painted the "crib room." I took an accessory from our bedding set and had them match the color for the paint. It's about the color of a Granny Smith apple, which is funny since that's my favorite type of apple. My dad came today and we painted the trim in the room and my dad fixed some of my mom's slip ups from the edging yesterday. The room looks great! Now we just need to clean out the other room and order the furniture. I can't wait!

I went to the OB last Wednesday. We met the other doctor in the practice and we both really liked her. She's very cautious, which is nice. She wants to be sure to keep a close eye on our little girls since there is a size discrepancy between them right now. She said that things are alright for now since, as she put it, we have one fat baby and one average one. As long as Baby B stays average size or bigger, we're alright. Baby A also has a little more amniotic fluid than Baby B, but apparently their fluid levels are closer now than they were at our last ultrasound. Ben and I didn't realize that. The doctor said that the levels getting closer is a good sign.

I asked her about traveling since Mollie's bachelorette party is 3 weeks away and in Bethany Beach. The doctor wants to see the results of my next ultrasound before she makes the call on whether I can go to the bachelorette party or not. I'm hopeful that things will look good and I'll be able to go, but it all depends on their sizes and fluid levels at the ultrasound. I have to call the doctor's office after the next ultrasound and find out if I can go.

Oh, I asked the OB how big I am measuring and I was measuring at about 28 weeks, so only 6 weeks ahead. I don't think that's too bad. It was kind of odd, every time we asked if something was normal the doctor couldn't tell us if it was or not because they don't have "normals" established for twin pregnancies. You would think that after all these years of women having twins, someone would have gathered data and come up with some normals or at least averages... The couple of things she could tell us were that women pregnant with twins generally gain about 50 pounds and that half of them end up on bed rest. My weight gain may be a little high at this point, but it's hard to tell because we don't know what will happen with my weight gain for the remainder of the pregnancy. So I guess we need to keep an eye on that...

We had an exciting moment in the pregnancy last night- Ben felt one of the babies move for the first time! We were laying in bed and I could feel the movement- I'm pretty sure it was Baby B. I reached over and took Ben's hand and put it on my belly, at which point, of course, the baby stopped moving. Ugh! But then a few minutes later I felt her moving again so I asked him for his hand and put it on my belly again and she kicked! He felt it and said, "Was that it?" I told him it was and he was so amazed. He said it felt like a little tap, which is a pretty good explanation of it. I'm so glad he finally got to feel one move. Hopefully the other one will move for him to feel soon.

I'll post some before and after pictures of the "crib room" when I get a chance to take the afters and get them downloaded.

No comments: