Ben and I went in for our "big" ultrasound yesterday where they did all the measurements and checked to make sure everyone looked alright. Some of you may not know, but we found out two weeks ago that we're having two little girls! We're very excited about them. Ben's family has not had a girl born into it in 4 generations, so it's really exciting that we're bringing two in at once!
Yesterday's appointment went great. Everything looked good on both of the girls. We saw all four chambers of their hearts, all of their little limbs and lots of other stuff. They are both currently head down, which is good. At our last ultrasound Baby A was head down and Baby B was breech. But now their heads are right there next to each other. In the pictures (which are all of Baby A) Baby A was actually laying with her head on the back of her sister's head. Then she pushed her sister away. It was pretty crazy to watch on the ultrasound.
We also got approximate weights on them for now. As of yesterday Baby A is 1 pound, which is in the 81st percentile for their gestational age. She's going to be our bruiser- especially since she's already pushing her sister around! Baby B is 14 ounces, so she's holding her own in the 51st percentile, but not as big as her sister. I'm not surprised that they're big, though, since their mommy was a 9 pound baby! Hopefully they'll keep growing like weeds like they have been. As uncomfortable as it may make me, I'd love to have a couple of big babies in about 4 months.
I guess I could throw in an update about me, too, huh? I'm doing fine. This pregnancy has been much easier so far (knock on wood) than I ever imagined it would be. I had no morning sickness to speak of. My biggest problem has really been heartburn, but at least that's treatable. I'm starting to get uncomfortable, but that's to be expected as my belly keeps getting bigger and bigger. And, boy, is it getting bigger! I can only imagine how big it's going to get by the time these babies are born! I've been seeing a chiropractor once a week for the entire pregnancy and I really think he's made a big difference in keeping me comfortable. He works on my flexibility and if I go in complaining about a certain area of my back or specific joints he works on those and really helps. I can't imagine what this would be like if I wasn't seeing him.
And here are the pictures:










And here are the pictures:











No comments:
Post a Comment