It's 11:11pm on New Years Eve and I'm sitting here on the couch with Jefferson watching the Peach, I'm sorry, The Chik Fil-A Bowl. Exciting, huh? Ben has to work tonight, so I'm just hanging out at home. I'm fine with it, though. I'm too tired to have gone out tonight even if I did have something to do.
I went and spent some time today with my friend, Ticia, and her two month old son, Amani. Amani has the most awesome temperament. I was there for about two hours and he barely fussed at all the whole time I was there. He fussed once and Ticia told me to put him on my shoulder, so I did and within about 2 minutes he was asleep on my chest. He was so sweet. It made me anxious to meet my babies, but I can wait. Actually, I want to wait at least 26 weeks to meet my babies. I just hope we can make it that long.
A couple of girls from my message board had their twins this week- one had hers at 32 weeks 3 days and the other had hers at 31 weeks 1 day. I don't want my little ones born that early, but I'm already mentally preparing myself for the fact that it can happen that way. I'm also already mentally preparing myself for a c-section. I asked Ticia about it today because she had one and she said it wasn't too bad. She said she was sore for a few days, but other than that she said it wasn't bad. Actually, she said the worst part was that hers wasn't planned, so she labored for quite awhile before they decided to do a c-section since she wasn't dilating. And she was med-free until they decided to do the c-section...
So, I've decided what one of my New Years' resolutions is going to be. It's an odd one, though, not something most people would ever want to do, but I need to. My new years' resolution is to gain at least 30 pounds! That would put me at just about what Dr. Luke (the author of "When You're Expecting Twins, Triplets or Quads) says I should gain. Of course, I also hope that by the end of the year I'll have lost all of my baby weight, but we'll see if that actually happens.
Well, in 22 minutes it will be 2008. It's going to be an interesting year for us. It'll be an adventure! I just hope we handle it alright...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment