Thursday, December 13, 2007

2nd Ultrasound

We had our second ultrasound on Tuesday. After we waited for about an hour in the waiting room they were finally ready for us. Dr. Browne had been in with another patient, so we had to wait. Jan (my favorite tech) kept coming out and letting us know what was going on.

Dr. Browne found the babies right away and their little hearts were beating away. One's heartrate was 142 and the other was 152. She said they looked good. She could not tell if there is a membrane between them, but it could still be too early for that. They're very close together, though, which I think concerned Dr. Browne a little. I posted on a multiples message board about not being able to see the membrane and a lot of those women said that they couldn't see theirs until somewhere around 14 or 16 weeks or even later and even then it was difficult to see.

She released us to my OB. We have our first OB appointment next Wednesday. She also referred us to a high risk OB, also known as a perinatologist or MFM (maternal fetal medicine). I made an appointment with them for January 3rd. They'll have a higher resolution ultrasound machine, so hopefully they'll be able to see the dividing membrane. They'll also be able to answer our questions and concerns about the membrane and everything else involved in this pregnancy.

It was sad leaving Shady Grove on Tuesday. We don't get to go back there for anything. I'm going to miss those women! I've seen them so much over the last few months it's just sad that I don't get to see them anymore. They did ask that we send pictures of the babies, though. I was actually almost in tears when we left, but I think that was a mixture of a little fear, sadness and the fact that I felt awful that day.

Here's a shot of the twins from Tuesday:


In this picture you can see the two separate babies, but the picture isn't real clear. Hopefully we'll get another ultrasound next week and get better pictures from that.

I haven't really had any pregnancy symptoms other then being exhausted all the time. It's like no matter how much I sleep, I'm still tired all the time. And I have occasional bouts of nausea, normally after I eat, which I think is odd. But so far it hasn't been bad at all, other than Monday night and Tuesday morning. Hopefully it'll stay that way. I sure hope I didn't just jinx myself...

No comments: