Friday, January 25, 2008

2nd trimester!

So I don't know exactly when the second trimester of pregnancy technically starts, but since I'll be 14 weeks tomorrow I know I'm either in the second trimester or will be tomorrow. YAY! Hopefully I'll start getting some energy soon, but I'm not holding my breath on that one since I've heard that doesn't happen as much with twin pregnancies. It'd also be nice if this stupid heartburn would tone down, but I doubt that will happen either. Oh well. I'm just going to enjoy being pregnant and not worry about things like that.

I had another OB appointment on Monday. It was my "long" appointment, but it was only about 15 minutes, so I can only imagine how short the others are going to be. It was a lot like a normal annual- they did a pap smear and took some cultures- but then she also did a quick ultrasound to look for the babies' heartbeats. She said it was too early to be able to hear both of them since the babies are still so close together so she just looked quickly with the ultrasound. Both hearts are still beating strongly.

Not too much else has been going on. Ben and I have started talking about looking for daycare, but haven't done much more than that. We've looked at furniture, but haven't picked anything out. Oh, we did get an e-mail the other day from Ben's cousin and he offered us a bunch of baby stuff since he and his wife are done having kids. We don't know exactly what they have, but we'll probably take as much as they want to give us, other than clothes. He did say that they have two matching bassinets, so we'll probably get those. That'll be nice since I'd been wondering what the babies were going to sleep in when they first come home. Now we won't have to buy something for them to sleep in...

We've also started looking online for a car for me. I'm not sure what I want, but I think I'm going to try to get my dad to come down next weekend and go test drive cars with me.

We're also refinancing our house. We figured that would be a good way to save some money each month, so we're doing that. We close on February 7th. The appraiser was here today and he said that the amount of money we need should not be a problem. It better not be since it's less than what we paid for this house 4 years ago!

We've started the process of cleaning stuff out of our house. I don't know how long that process is going to take, but at least we've started. We need to work on cleaning out Ashtree's room, but I don't know what to do with all of the crap that's in there right now.

My mom and I are going shopping tomorrow! I only have a few pairs of pants that I can still wear comfortably, so I decided that it's time to go buy some maternity pants. I'm not really showing, but my fat belly is getting bigger. I can also see where my uterus is starting to bulge. I can't wait for it to get bigger!

No comments: